Women's Auxiliary

Caloundra Rsl Sub Branch Women’s Auxiliary was formed in 1947 to support the Sub Branch. They had their meetings in the School of Arts until moving to the Diggers (Glideway) Hall at Kings Beach in 1949.

They raised funds any way they could from catering to cards and bingo. They also entertained visitors from the RSL Home at Goodna several times a year when they came for the day. Afternoon teas were taken to the RSL Home at Caboolture for many years and then to Centuar Retirement Community in Caloundra when it opened.

In the early 1960’s the Sub Branch moved to it’s present site in West Terrace and the Auxiliary worked from each others house until the hall was finished. They then held Balls, Fashion Parades etc.

The method of fundraising has changed somewhat over the time but never stopped. We now sell Badges for Anzac and Rememberance Days as well as raffles and helping on Melbourne Cup Days etc. The support for the Sub Branch continues all year round just in different ways to the beginning. We have a reunion in February each year having started from our 60th Birthday. We welcome Auxiliaries from Noosa to Currumbin/Palm Beach.

We have social Bus Trips four – five times a year and we attend Reunions at other Auxiliaries from Noosa to Currumbin/Palm Beach during the year.

We meet on the 1st Monday each Month except January and our Annual Meeting is February each year. We at present have 25 members and welcome enquiries from ladies who may be eligible to join us.

Meetings are held at Caloundra RSL, 19 West Terrace, Caloundra 4551.

All enquiries can be addressed to the Secretary, Caloundra RSL Sub Branch Women’s Auxiliary.

Contact Details

Postal – 74 Coronation Ave, Golden Beach QLD 4551
Phone – (07) 5492 1582
Mobile – 0400 644 119